In case you missed it The Bob’s Burgers Movie while it was in theatres— or, perhaps more likely, if you want to watch it over and over again while eating a burger In your own home, this is your time. That meaty crime comedy Coming out digitally on July 12th, with a Blu-ray and DVD release on July 19th – and io9 has an exclusive look at one of the special features.
Yes, the animation and performances (including the sound effects) are definitely in rough draft mode, but how cool is this: it’s a deleted scene from the movie! The official description is short and sweet (“Metal Detector: Bob and Linda go to City Hall in a version of the movie where they were got to City Hall”), but the clip itself is filled with hilarity. Teddy is in this scene too – and, well, things are going to get wonderfully out of whack.
That’s just a taste of what to expect from the home release, which is packed with goodness for fans. Here is a list of the juiciest bonus features included The Bob’s Burgers Movie:
- Audio Commentary: Watch the film with audio commentary by H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, directors Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman, writer Nora Smith, and production designer Ruben Hickman.
- Function: “Making of the Movie”—Bob’s burger Creator Loren Bouchard talks about filming Bob’s burger the tv show in Bob’s burger the show that is a movie.
- Theatrical short film (only to be seen in limited cinemas): “My Butt Has a Fever – Theatrical Version”—The Belcher children are appearing on the school’s talent show to share their very important and powerful message.
- “My butt has a fever – animated version”– A look behind the scenes, the animation of the short film “My Butt Has a Fever”.
- Deleted scenes: “metal detector: Bob and Linda go to City Hall in a version of the movie where they went to City Hall;” “Burning Pillars: The Turbulent History of Wonder Wharf;” “Grover’s office: Bob and Linda go to Grover’s office in a version of the film where they went to Grover’s office.”
- Deleted scenes with audio commentary: “The film we didn’t do: Creator Loren Bouchard and writer Nora Smith specifically discuss trying to make a film The Bob’s Burger Movie;” plus “Metal Detector”, “Burning Piers” and “Grover’s Office” with commentary by Bouchard and Smith.
- Animation Extras – Animatics: Sunny Side Up Summer storyboards and rough animations: the work in progress, not even colored animation of the song “Sunny Side Up Summer”. Lucky Ducks storyboards and rough animations: the song “Lucky Ducks”, which is not even animated in color yet, is in the works. Not That Evil storyboards and rough animations with David Wain: David Wain “performs an entire dance routine without formal training” to Grover’s song of his character. Plays along with the song’s animation. Credits storyboards and rough animation: the end credits work-in-progress animatic, “comes with provocative dance moves and unconventional rhythm.”
- Animation Extras – Animate the scene: Linda Through the Pass-Through with Commentary by Director Bernard Derriman: a scene’s progress from storyboard to animation, with commentary by Derriman. Bob and Linda go to the bank: a time-lapse of the animated bank scene; there is also a version with commentary by Derriman. Louise grabs the fuse: a time-lapse of the Louise Grabs the Fuse scene being animated; there is also a version with commentary by Derriman.
That Bob’s burger (and The Bob’s Burgers Movie) Voice cast includes H. Jon Benjamin as Bob Belcher, John Roberts as Linda Belcher, Dan Mintz as Tina Belcher, Eugene Mirman as Gene Belcher, Kristen Schaal as Louise Belcher, David Wain as Grover Fischoeder, Zach Galifianakis as Felix Fischoeder, Kevin Kline as Calvin Fischoeder and Larry Murphy as Teddy. The film was directed by Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman and written by Bouchard and Nora Smith. It will be released digitally on July 12th, with a physical release on July 19th.
Want more io9 news? Check out when to expect the latest Wonder and war of stars What’s next for the releases DC Universe in Film and TVand everything you need to know about it house of the dragon and Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.